Name • Trail Name • Age
Amber Redfield • “Furiosa” • 28
Naturalist, Museum Educator, Fossil Preparator, Photographer.
Countries Visited So Far
United States of America, England, Switzerland, France, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg.
Favourite Place Explored
Summit of the Austrian Alps.
Activities & Interests
Backpacking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, World Travelling, Snowboarding, Longboarding, Mountain Biking, Adventure Photography, Jeeping/Off Roading, Kayaking, Fossil Hunting, Climbing, Environmental Conservation, Education.
SHELTER / SLEEP :
- Osprey Aura 65 AG (Silver Streak) Backpack
- Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL 1 Tent with footprint
- Mountain Hardware Lamina Z Torch 22˚ Sleeping Bag
- Therm-a-Rest Z Lite Sol Sleeping Pad
- Anything I find at Goodwill or in a Hiker Box
- Trekker Trucker Hat (Forest Green)
- Injini Liner Crew Socks
- Darn Tough Socks with Vasque logo (not for retail sale)
- Vasque Breeze II Mid GTX Hiking Boots (sent home)
- Vasque Breeze III Mid GTX Hiking Boots (thanks, Vasque, for the free upgrade!)
FOOD / KITCHEN :
- MSR Pocket Rocket / Fuel
- GSI Outdoors Halulite Microdualist Cookset (sent home)
- Olicamp Space Saver Mug
- GSI Outdoors Clarified PP Cascadian Mug
- Sea to Summit Alpha Light Spork – Long
- Platypus Big Zip LP Reservoir – 3 Liters
- Platypus Bite Valve Cover
- Sawyer Mini Water Filter (inline with bladder)
FILM / PHOTO :
- GoPro Hero 5 Black (sent home)
- GoPro Handlebar/Seatpost/Pole Mount (sent home)
- iPhone 7+ / Lifeproof Nüüd Case
- iPhone 5s / Lifeproof Nüüd Case
- iOgrapher GoPro/iPhone Filming System (sent home)
- Xsories Big Bendy with GoPro Mount (sent home)
- SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter (sent home)
Have questions about my thruhike?
Want to collaborate for the greater good to promote the outdoors?
Maybe send me some food and gear?
Oh, you’d love a few prints of the photos I’ve taken!
Whatever the reason, let’s chat it up and get things cooking. The more involved I can make myself within the outdoor community and industry, the more we can get folks reconnecting with Nature; both in education and activities.
If you’re an outdoor company, research program, organisation (etc) looking to affiliate your brand with my adventures, I’d love to hear from you and create something amazing.
• Amber Redfield •